Can’t Update Echo Dot Software or Firmware – How to Troubleshoot it?
Want to Update Firmware on the Amazon Echo Dot device?
If yes, get answers here how to force update Alexa firmware?
Most of the time, echo dot device will update itself, when your internet connection on and it perform update functioning.
Sometimes though, it requires a manual firmware update.
Read this guide, if your software or firmware isn’t being updated. Follow carefully instructions, while updating firmware on echo dot device.
First off, we discuss about how to manually update Alexa firmware.
Manual Firmware Update For Echo Dot
If you want to set something, you might, then first check whether you are running the latest version software or not.
Check out below how to check the latest version of software:
- Start your Android phone
- Open download Alexa app on your phone
- Select Settings & Echo Dot device
- Select “About” under Settings
- Check software version, it is updated or not.
If you find that your echo dot software not updated, there are two ways to perform manual firmware update for your echo device.
First way, Manual Update Alexa Firmware:
- Mute Alexa, the ring goes red.
- Leave it for an hour.
- When your internet connection stay long time connected, Alexa should say that an update is needed and perform the update functioning.
- Once update completes, your echo dot smart speaker should reboot and begin working normally.
Second way, Manual Update Alexa Software:
It is a little more complicated but sometimes also seems to work. So, look at below steps how to perform…
- Open Alexa app on your Phone
- Select Echo dot device from Settings
- Deregister your Echo device from the Alexa App
- Press and hold the power button for 1 minute of your echo device
- Turn on your echo smart speaker device.
- Leave it for one hour and do nothing.
- You can see Blue ring light turn green and spin. This light indicate you that your echo dot device is updating.
- Once dot updated, it begin rebooting.
- Perform steps to register your echo dot and Alexa app. (In case, you encounter registration problem then read troubleshooting guide on Echo dot registration failure error)
If you seems, it is worked, means your echo dot have updated itself with the latest firmware version.
Can’t Update Echo Alexa Firmware Software? Take assistance @ 855-557-7055
Software/Firmware Isn’t Being Updated
Let’s discuss, Software/ Firmware Isn’t Being Updated
Do you have an Echo Alexa device at home?If you do, it will be crucial to Echo Dot Device Software Update! Optimizing its functionality will be important if you want the device to perform to its true potentials.
Software and Firmware upgrades are highly important for the device, and that’s when you need to know quick solutions. Every Echo device has special features. Users should identify these features and highlights thus using the device in the best possible way!
Some user faced wired issue while setting up multi-room music or smart home device. Every time they try to setup echo dot error start flashing saying ” firmware upgrade required”. In such case, you need to know to manually or force upgrade amazon echo dot.
Follow the instructions carefully to fix software is n’t being updated…
1. Know the software version
If you wish to update your device software, make sure you know the version first. You can know version of your echo dot through Alexa app
- Head on to the setting menu in Alexa app
- Scroll down to bottom until you see “Device software version” in about us section
- Once you know the device version you can match it with the latest software version from this link
- If you found that you are using an outdated version do update your echo firmware
2. Echo Dot Device Software Update steps
Every time there is an update available for your Amazon echo device, Smart Alexa will update the firmware/software automatically during the echo dot device inactivity hours like in nights If Alexa failed to update your device you need to Force Update Alexa/echo dot Firmware
Big Question:- How to FORCE Amazon Echo to Update to the Latest Firmware Version?
Below are some steps to force update
- Make sure you enjoy uninterrupted Wi-Fi connections to connect the device. Or else, updating the software or firmware won’t be easy.
- Follow targeted steps to connect the device to Wi-Fi. Check the Echo Dot Wi-Fi issues and see whether Alexa identifies your network.
- In Alexa app go to settings under left navigation menu.
- in about section check under Device software version if any updates are available otherwise proceed for manual Echo Dot Device Software Update.
- power down your device for one minute and then start your device.
- Press the mute button on the top of the device, as you confirm it if you see red light ring
- After 2 or 3 minutes of inactivity in mute mode, echo will start downloading the device firmware
- it will take around 30 minutes to one hour depending on network speed.
- One the update is completed device will restart at its own
Note:- In amazon echo show and display devices you can manually update the firmware by command Alexa ” Go to settings” and setting find out device option and click on “Check for software updates” Software and firmware updates improve the general performance of the device. You have to identify specific updates for the device that helps you leverage it to a great extent.
3. Can’t Update Echo Dot Device Software
If you face severe issues while upgrading firmware/software for Echo Dot, make sure you try following tips.
- Make sure to restart the echo device and one its started, start the upgrade process. As one of your restart the echo it does initialize the system and check for updates
- unplug the device for 10 seconds plugin and immediately press mote button until you see the red light ring at the top.
- finally, if nothing work reset the device, don’t know how to reset echo dot kindly read reset echo dot guide
Still Unable to Resolve
Try out the quick fixes and swift solutions to resolve performance errors. Furthermore, if you find it difficult to solve the problem, just dial toll-free and get support. At the end, you can call up 855-557-7055 to deal with these issues.