Echo Dot Registration Failure Error 10:2:12:3:1 – Ultimate Solutions (2019 Update)
Does your screen display “Echo dot registration failure error” 10:2:12:3:1?
There was an error registering your device. Error “10:2:12:3:1”
Echo Dot Registration Error 10:2:12:3:1 While Setting Up Device
Critical errors can affect the installation process to a great extent! Users might come across serious issues while setting up Echo Dot i.e. Echo Dot Setup, Wi-Fi & Registration Errors.
The most common error that user get during setup echo dot device are Wi-Fi connectivity issue, registration issue, Alexa app setup and installing issue and some use face trouble setting up smart home devices.
Various errors code in Alexa app like
- Wi-Fi Connectivity Error:- Amazon Echo Dot Error 7:3:0:0:1, 7:3:4:3:3 and many other errors code start with 7
- Registration Error:- Amazon Echo Dot Error 10:2:12:3:1, 10:1:113:40:1, 10:2:17:5:1 Etc.
- Setup Error: – 12:2:15:10.1 and having trouble setup a gifted echo dot and even having trouble installing previously owned ( 2nd hand ) echo dot
Here we will discuss most common registration error that is generally arises when you setting up echo device.
But you don’t need to worry, most of the users got trouble while registering echo device.
Here’s you can detect your registration error “10:2:12:3:1” to read ultimate solutions with basic and advanced troubleshooting. Also, explore reasons, causes or why this error happens while setup echo dot device.
So, take a look below to perform troubleshooting Alexa Error “10:2:12:3:1”
Types of registration error while setup Amazon echo device:-
- Can’t register echo Alexa device
- Alexa registration error “10:2:12:3:1”
- Echo Registration Failure -Alexa Error 10:2:12:3:1
- Echo fails to register, giving 10:2:12:3:1 error
- Not able to register new echo device? Error 12:2:15:10:1
Know when you may get this Alexa 10:2:12:3:1 Error:-
There are many reasons when user gets setup, registration, Wi-Fi connectivity and other problems. But, still you can check the following scenarios when you may get Alexa echo registration problem.
- You registering your Alexa device i.e. Echo, echo dot, echo show, echo plus, echo look and Amazon tap.
- May you have got echo device as a gift? It gives trouble while setting up & registering.
- May you get Alexa registration error after echo reset?
- The device display echo registration error, even when your Alexa keeps disconnecting from Wi-Fi.
Note: If you find your Alexa keep disconnecting from Wi-Fi, see this guide – Troubleshooting Echo dot won’t stay connected to wi-fi
Why Does Happen Echo Registration Error?
When you buy an echo device, it is assigned or register to Amazon account.
But, if you have echo device as a gift, it is registered to your account. So, it is better for you to set it up with the same email id. If you use other email ids, you will encounter with registration error.
Reasons/Causes – Echo Registration Error “10:2:12:3:1”
Here are possible causes or reasons for displaying registration error on screen. See below points:
- Maybe you got defective echo device.
- May echo device have stolen or lost.
- Amazon server displays that Echo device as undelivered
Check Out Below Steps Before Any Troubleshooting:-
However, if you are having or bought a new device and getting error 10:2:12:3:1 there are certain fixes you can perform:
- Use the same email address for registration and echo dot setup, which have used before buying device. or
- Make sure your login details are correct.
- If your system have running with any firewall, VPN or Proxy, then disable or stop them.
- Make sure your device is away from other electronic devices like Microwave Oven, Fans, Cameras, Laptop, and Computer etc.
- Wireless network must be dual band having frequency range 2.5 to 5.0 GHz.
- Make sure your device is running with the latest version, if not; update your device.
- Perform hard reset, restart with your device. If not, fresh download Alexa app on your device. Sometimes, it works a lot.
- Sometimes, Amazon server goes down and you got registration failure error.
Unable to setup or register echo device? Take assistance from experts 855-557-7055
How to Register Echo Dot? – Steps
Let’s first go through the complete registration process:
- Select the option to register your echo device or software applications.
- Enter your Email-ID or phone number to continue Amazon account.
- Select any one option on how you want to confirm your account by email or text accordingly.
- Check the one time password that sent either on your email or phone number.
- Using the same email address or password in step 2, to register your device.
- Your setup is completely or successfully registered.
However, if your new echo device fails to register, try following steps:
- Login to your device with login credentials.
- Later, go to “Advanced Settings”
- Select “Setup-> WAN Setup”
- Apply Tick on the Checkbox for, “Disable Port Scan and DoS Protection”.
- Click on “Apply” button to save changes.
How to Fix Echo Dot Registration Error? – Basic Troubleshooting
If your Echo Dot device fails to respond, follow the commands, you should try troubleshooting Echo Dot Setup error. Check out these tips and get the best assistance:
- Make sure the power adapter is 9 watts. Cell phone adapters won’t be able to provide the best support to the device.
- The device has to turn on and work properly.
- Press the ‘Action’ button to check whether the device responds to the requests properly.
- While connecting the device to a speaker, you must place the device at a distance of three feet. Once it’s placed in proximity to the external speakers, it might become difficult for the device to hear the wake word.
- You will surely have both windows and walls in your house. The device should be eight inches away from them.
- Your voice shouldn’t be distorted. It should be loud and clear. Speak clearly and with clarity.
- Try to avoid background noise and music.
Users might also come across amazon echo dot 7:3:4:4:1 error. It indicates towards Wi-Fi issues, and you might need to opt for the quick solutions right away. Wi-Fi connectivity problems can create severe disruptions in the setup process. Try to resolve the issues whenever you come across them.
Troubleshoot Echo Error 10:2:12:3:1 or Alexa 10:x:x:x:x Related Error
This error happens if Amazon echo device you are trying to setup is reported lost or stolen device. Below are few scenarios.
- Maybe you got a defective device, in such case you just have to request for replacement
- Sometimes the device you are trying to setup gives this error if the device delivery status is “undelivered” on Amazon account. In such case, you need to wait for some time or request Amazon to update the status.
Fix Alexa Error 10:2:12:3:1 occurs if you reset Echo Device?
If you have reset or de-register your echo device from Alexa app, or getting error “10:2:12:3:1”then follow below given steps how to fix:
- Make sure you have used similar email address and password, which you have used to setup your device first time.
- Make sure your IP address should be static.
- Check, if any firewall update pending in Alexa app, so download and install it.
- Check Firmware update, Go to Alexa App -> Setting-> Help and Feedback-> Choose your Echo Device-> now scroll down -> Click on “Upgrade Firmware” Button.
Troubleshoot Echo Error 12:2:15:10.1 or Alexa 12: x: x: x: x related error
This is also echo setup error 12:2:15:10.1. If you having trouble setup a gifted echo dot or even having trouble installing previously owned (2nd hand) echo dot, follow below given steps:
- In this case, If the device you are trying to setup is the gifted device. Ask him to deregister the device from his Amazon account. After he successfully deregistered the device you can set up the device without error.
- If you are trying to set up a previously owned device (used the device by others, 2nd hand device). Then set up device through owners amazon account or ask the owner to deregister the device. After that Setup device from your own Amazon account and this will resolve the issue.
- Sometimes if Amazon shipped you a device not registered to the server or sometimes they deliver a faulty device. In such case, you can contact Amazon for replacement or resolution.
As you follow these steps you will surely resolve Amazon Echo Registration Failure/ Alexa Error 10:2:12:3:1, 12:2:15:10:1.
Call Experts, if you find it difficult to resolve the issue, just dial 855-557-7055. Experts will be right there for you!